Few vehicles stop and start as frequently as a refuse truck on a domestic collection route. With the ERS’s ability to scale to class 8 vehicles, refuse trucks are in many cases ideal for hydraulic hybridization. With such a demanding duty cycle, the ERS delivers several benefits:
- Saves fuel: regenerated braking energy launches the vehicle, demanding less energy from the engine.
- Saves brakes: the ERS slows the truck, so the brakes don’t have to. Brake components last much longer.
- Increases engine life: with the engine not working so hard, it experiences less wear.
- Accelerates faster: the ERS provides more torque than the engine can, so the truck launches faster and gets to the next house quicker. Up goes productivity.
- Reduces emissions: NOX reductions produce cleaner air and CO2 reductions reduce greenhouse gas contributions.
Being in the waste disposal and recycling industry, you’re already thinking about the environment. Now it’s time to clean up your fleet as well as your city.
The ERS will save more money on heavier vehicles than light ones. Take a look at the following graphic (click to enlarge):
Watch this video to learn more:
Ready to enter the world of hybrids? Contact us to get a free fleet assessment.